Turn Your Raspberry Pis into Remote WiFi and Wired Monitoring Sensors
Date: Thursday, May 3
Time: 8:30am - 9:45am
Pass Type: All Access, Conference
Format: Hands-On Session
Conference Journey: IT Operations
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Intermediate
Since the launch of the Raspberry Pi in 2012, it has grown into a popular DIY platform and a solution for delivering enterprise IT applications. One of those applications is network monitoring.
In this hands-on session, we'll provide attendees with a Raspberry Pi Zero and the necessary accessories to connect to their laptop and the conference's wireless network (limit up to 50 participants).We'll go through a step-by-step process on how to:
- Set up the Raspberry Pi with the operating system
- Connect the RPi to the wireless network
- Use the command line console to run performance tests, such as iPerf, Ookla speedtest, and HTTP
- Use the NetBeez GUI interface to run the same tests periodically, keep historical data, and build statistics
- Use the Rasbperry Pi as a sensor to monitor and troubleshoot wired and wireless networks at remote sites
All the materials from the session (presentations, step-by-step guide, software, and SD card image) will be made available to attendees in order to be able to reproduce the session material on their own.
This session is limited to 50 attendees, so an RSVP is required. Please RSVP here.