How to Safely Integrate Connected Devices into Your Network
Ofer Amitai (CEO and Founder, Portnox)
Date: Wednesday, May 2
Time: 1:00pm - 2:30pm
Pass Type: All Access, Conference
Format: Hands-On Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Intermediate
This workshop will address how Internet of Things (IoT) devices can be safely integrated into the enterprise network, reviewing best practices for devising network security policies and allowing for hands-on activities with real IoT security scenarios that arise in enterprise. Some of the security scenarios that participants will get to grapple with include:
- How to integrate connected infrastructure into the network
- How to verify IoT credentials on a regular, on-going basis
- How to establish a baseline of normal IoT device behavior and assess vulnerabilities accordingly
- How to regularly check for firmware or patch updates
- How to manage IoT authentication keys, MAC addresses or integrate devices with Active Directory credentials
- How to set automated policy actions that sandbox rogue IoT devices, according to defined security parameters
- How to address issues of business continuity and data leak prevention
- How to create the most effective network security policies that address IoT security risks
The structure of the workshop will be “Challenge – Solution,” as in the participants will be presented with a specific challenge and will be asked to present a solution using pre-downloaded tools. The presenter will then review one or two of the top solutions from participants and explain his strategy for addressing a particular IoT security challenge.
The workshop will conclude with tips and takeaways on how to devise network security policies that effectively address the IoT security gap. All that is needed to participate in the workshop is a laptop computer, beginner/intermediate knowledge of network security configurations, and a healthy sense of curiosity for understanding the topic of IoT security!
This session is limited to 50 attendees, so an RSVP is required. Please RSVP here.