Finding Actionable Insights in Enterprise Data
Andi Mann (Chief Technology Advocate, Splunk)
Date: Wednesday, May 2
Time: 1:00pm - 1:50pm
Pass Type: All Access, Conference
Format: Conference Session
Track: Data & Analytics
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Intermediate
The world of data is full of promises and buzzwords. Every business has data, most have 'big data', and many are exploring new analytics approaches like machine learning, algorithmic operations, predictive analytics, service intelligence, and even artificial intelligence. But so many of these efforts are failing because, despite all the tech, they are not moving the needle on real business goals.
So how do you use the data you have in your organization to find novel and most importantly actionable insights – finding intelligence in your data that will have material impact on your business?
Building on multiple case studies and success stories, this session will look at some of the many ways successful businesses have used data analytics to make a difference in how they run, and what they achieve. Covering data analytics across the enterprise, from infrastructure to customers, this session will enable you to:
- Pinpoint problems in systems and applications that impact your ability to deliver business goals
- Uncover nascent user behavior and detect the early warning signs of problematic activity
- Understand the impact of technology on real business goals, like revenue or fulfillment
- Deliver innovation that matters by engaging stakeholders and using data-driven decisions
- Understanding end user behaviors and sentiment to raise engagement, satisfaction
- Adopt new innovative approaches to gathering, storing, visualizing, and sharing 'big data'