Cloud Security & Budget Constraints
Robert LaMagna-Reiter (Sr. Director, Information Security, First National Technology Solutions)
Date: Wednesday, May 2
Time: 1:00pm - 1:50pm
Pass Type: All Access, Conference
Format: Conference Session
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: All
In a cloud-first era, enterprises are continually enhancing technology to keep up with customer demands. With new, faster and more functional technology comes expanded cyber threats and a flat budget to mitigate risk. Learn how to fine tune your security initiatives to effectively cover your most important assets without compromising your data or your budget. Put your existing security services to work protecting your data from multi-cloud environments and digital initiatives to container and application development platforms.
Expensive hardware & data centers are quickly becoming less-desirable to own and operate. Organizations have realized they need to realign their IT skillsets to take advantage of the cloud & automation shift. Learn first-hand how enterprises are taking an active role to adjust their security services to meet regulatory, customer and business demands, as well as leveraging calculated risk to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the security program.
- Business drivers & expectations of cloud services
- Understand the gaps between base packages and what's required to maintain the same level of security and granularity as on premise infrastructure
- Navigate the perfect storm – cloud is cheap, until you add security
- Learn how to mitigate risk in a shared responsibility model
- Fine tune existing initiatives, plug gaps, and improve security program efficacy